Housing and accommodation

Housing and accommodation

Caravan Park Project
9783 3600 Ext 46
Peninsula Community Legal Centre, for current tenants only

Consumer Affairs ― Tenancy Enquiries
1300 558 181
Mon ― Fri 9:00am ― 4:00pm.

Free publications are available as well as fact sheets from the Web site, www.consumer.vic.gov.au. Help is available for individuals with household and domestic concerns as well as residential questions. The office is located at Level 2/452 Flinders St, Melbourne.

Tenants Union of Victoria

9416 2577
55 Johnston St, Fitzroy VIC 3065
Advice on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 9:00am — 4:00pm; Wed 4.30pm ― 8:00pm
Drop-in hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 1:00pm ― 4.30pm; Wed 4.30pm ― 8:00pm.

Tenants Union Rooming House Service
9411 1444
The Rooming House Service can:

  • Give you legal advice about your rooming house residency Help you read or fill in forms relating to your residency Refer you to your nearest Tenant Advice Service - Peninsula Community Legal Service (these services are free and confidential)

  • Help you at the Victorian Civil and administrative Tribunal (which handles disputes between residents and rooming house owners)

Translating and Interpreting Service
13 1450

You can call this number if needing an interpreter and you live in country or ringing with a mobile phone

Peninsula Community Legal Centre
9783 3600
Suite 2, 431 Nepean Hwy, Frankston
Help with tenancy issues.

Salvocare Eastern
9784 5000 Mon ― Fri 9.30am ― 6:00pm
37 Rossmith Ave, Frankston.
Crisis accommodation

Residential Tenancies List
9628 9960 or 1800 133 055.

Front Yard and Melbourne Youth Support
9611 2411 Mon ― Fri 10:00am ― 5:00pm
19 King St, Melbourne 3000
Youth only.

Office of Housing (Dept. of Human Services)
9784 3200
431 Nepean Highway, Frankston, bond loans.
Office of Housing website has info on client services (including the Bond Loan Scheme for private tenants), property management, information and research.

WAYSS Housing and Support Services
9770 2867
For Frankston and Peninsula, help with rent assistance.

Home at Last
1300 765 178
Housing Information Centre - 1st Floor Ross House
247-251 Flinders Lane, Melbourne 3000
10am-4pm Mon-Fri
Older persons' Housing Information and Support service.

Flood advice for renters and landlords

FAQ - Renting after a disaster

Advice for tenants includes:

  • The house I am renting has been destroyed by a disaster. What happens to my lease?
  • The house I am renting is still liveable but I am afraid to go back. What should I do?
  • I can still live in the house I am renting but it has been damaged and needs repairs. What can I do?
  • The house I was renting has been destroyed or damaged – does my landlord have to provide me with alternative accommodation?
  • I am still paying rent through direct debit even though the house I was renting was destroyed or is not habitable because of a disaster. What should I do?
  • Am I entitled to a refund of my bond?
  • There has been a disaster but my rental property was not destroyed or damaged. Who is responsible for cleaning away the debris?
  • Sheds and outbuildings on the property have been destroyed. Can I get a rent reduction?There are no utilities or services at my house. What should I do?

FAQ — Renting after a disaster

Advice for landlords includes:

My rental property has been destroyed in a disaster. How can I end the lease?

  • Do I have to provide the tenant with alternative accommodation?
  • Am I responsible for cleaning the debris caused by a disaster?
  • Am I responsible for arranging for services to be restored?
  • Should I reduce the rent because the property has been damaged?
  • Can I claim all or part of the bond to cover damage caused to my rental property by a disaster?
  • Do I need to compensate the tenant for their possessions that were destroyed or damaged in a disaster?
  • Can I inspect the damage to my rental property?

More information on this website:

Download printable brochures produced by the Centre